Guided Fishing Trip Openings
with Steve Welch
Book Your Trip Now!
Phone (217) 840-1221
Lake Shelbyville Fishing Guide Trips – Pricing & Information
Fishing Guide Rates
Crappie, Walleye & White Bass Guided Fishing Trips at Lake Shelbyville with Steve Welch
A guided fishing trip for crappie is $400 to split between 2 anglers. For walleye and white bass, it’s $400 to split between 2 anglers and $100 extra for a third person. All consist of a full 8-hour day out of a fully-rigged 20-foot Yar-craft walleye boat.
Note: Due to huge price increases pricing has changed for 2022 (see new pricing above).
The fee includes fishing rod, tackle, bait, and the cleaning of your limit as long as the fish cleaning stations are open and operable. All you need to bring is something to eat, drink, rain gear if weather requires and a valid Illinois Fishing License. This is for either the day or the weekend.
Take a fishing break and call Steve Welch at Lake Shelbyville Guide Service – (217) 840-1221. Don’t miss out on the year-round fishing fun!
- Eight hour trips only.
- 2-person trips are only available from March until the last week of April, and again late October until end of the season in early December.
- 3-person trips are available the last week of April through late October.
- Walleye trips start May 13 and run through June 12. (Note: Walleye can be hard to find, so we also catch crappie and white bass.)
When you book your guided fishing trip on Lake Shelbyville…
Steve Welch will call or email 3-4 days before your trip to:
- reconfirm your trip
- discuss directions and a meeting location (differs depending on time of year, type of fish, and boat ramp location)
You will need to bring:
- something to eat and/or drink
- a rain suit, depending on weather conditions
- a cooler to carry your fish home
- a valid Illinois Fishing License
You need to know:
- Steve Welch will clean your catch for you unless the fish cleaning stations are closed.
- Fishing trips will go rain, shine, or snow but not freezing rain, as it’s too cold.
- Fishing trips start at sunrise and end around 3 p.m. or at the client’s discretion if an earlier end time is desired.